Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My New Favorite Things...



The last couple of days have been spent packing boxes, moving boxes and packing my suitcases with my clothing. I was looking at the vast amounts of leggings, dresses, skirts, flats, heels, pumps, hats and scarves which I own and must confess that I am a bit of a shopaholic. Case in point, it really doesn't help my cause to live directly in front of a shopping mall with a Target, TJ Maxx, Ross and Kohl's. Walking into one of these stores is a visual treat for me, to see all of those handbags in different hues of aqua, red, grey, yellow, orange, makes me melt with excitement.

Due to budget reductions and the fact that I am currently self-employed, my shopping habits have drastically made me wallet conscious for every item I purchase (including groceries). For now, I can only gaze at the beautiful Spring fashions that loom in the display window. The good news for me, however, is that I can now search for items that catch my fancy, online. So here are a few items that caught my fancy!


The brilliant "Zee" shoe, by Donald J. Pliner. I absolutely love the mustard yellow color in this shoe!

I found this brilliantly vivid and ultra feminine jacket on Etsy.com. It is the creation of Prizy Sebastian, an emerging, independent designer based in NYC.



I love the floral print on these wellies (aka: rain boots) from the Liberty of London for Target collection. They make me wish it would rain everyday, just so I could wear them that often!


The must have spring/summer dress is the maxi dress. I love the scarf and belt used to accessorize this amazing dress. It comes courtesy of Dorothy Perkins, one of my favorite London based fashion retailers.




Orla Kiely Textured Flower Check Midi Sling Bag



I absolutely love Orla Kiely! This cotton shoulder bag features a floral print with single carry handle and contrast lining with internal pocket. I found it at ASOS, they ship internationally. This is a great spring/summer bag, I would love it for my birthday!!



I often look to fashion for inspiration in my creations and this virtual trip did not disappoint.



Have a Happy and Bright Day!



















2 comments:

April said...

I adore the picture at the top of this post ♥

Dannibeth said...

Thanks April! It's an actual advertisement for Miss Dior perfume, it was shot in Paris by Sofia Coppola.

Post a Comment