Thursday, April 22, 2010

Getting To Know All About You..





Welcome to Farnum Ink Studio! I am very happy that you have stopped by my corner of the world. I want to introduce myself and my work, so here is my story! 

Hello! My name is Dannibeth and I am the artist behind Farnum ink Studio. in my studio I create a range of items: from One of a Kind (OOAK) jewelry, paintings, art prints, photography prints and softies/plush. 


Farnum Ink Studio began as a seedling in 2007 during my time living in London. I was finishing my postgraduate work and I started to create felt stockings with a Martha Stewart pattern. I made quite a bit of holiday stockings and brought them home to the US with me.  It wasn't until mid 2009 that I began to paint and sew and i've been on the creative entrepreneurial path ever since. 


Apart from creating things, what do you do?

I am the Marketing & PR Director for Isa Zapata Inc.  Isa is an amazing Colombian artist who resides in Miami and we have been working together since 2004. She is extremely creative in having created her brand which includes: children's paintings, murals, housewares, fashion, accessories in such a short span of time. Isa is one of my closest friends and I would be lost without her!!  

 It's been great to be in my position, because I can see how much we have evolved as people and as artists over the years. You can see her work at www.isazapata.bigcartel.com

Additionally, I sew and have taken up baking and cake decorating as well. I like to take walks outdoors and see the birds and all of the nature that surrounds me. I like to read (I am a certified bookworm, I'll even read the labels on food if I am out of books/magazines/newspapers) and I love to travel. I never leave the house without my passport. My friends and family have now labeled me as a true "gypsy" as they never know where i will move to next! 

What first made you want to become an artist?

I don't categorize myself as an "artist", although my 6 year old Godchild thinks I should be one every time I draw an ice cream cone or the likes! 

I grew up in a space where my mother (as a seamstress) made my clothing. I sometimes hated not having mainstream clothes but quickly realized that it was brilliant to have your own personal fashion designer! I have been surrounded by fabrics, buttons, zippers, sewing machines and haberdashery ever since i can remember. 

I have always been more of a "creative" whether it be in writing poetry, doodling, creating marketing campaigns, graphic design, singing, playing piano. I have always been drawn to the artsy side of things.

Please describe your creative process.

My mind is always racing! I am extremely visual, so I see things in my head first and then go directly to the work station to create them. I do sketch some things when dealing with paintings and digital art work, but most of it just comes to me and I process the information immediately and it turns out to be one of my creations. 

I confess I am a night owl, I stay up very late creating things.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out my creations on Etsy, Flickr or Become a Fan on Facebook!

Have a great day, afternoon or evening wherever you may be in this Big and Bright World. 

XOXO, 




0 comments:

Post a Comment