Friday, April 23, 2010

Best Friends, Birthdays and Sisters



Tomorrow is my BFF's birthday and I have been in quite a festive mood for this occasion.  I have been accumulating presents since November of last year, carefully choosing every item to ensure that they meet my strict requirements: cute, unique, stylish and a little glam.  All of these things describe my best friend, but the biggest praise of all, is that I can call her my SISTER.





The word sister has such a special meaning to me, because biologically I am an only child. I have been fortunate enough to be graced with the presence of many female friends who I also call my sisters: those friends who have been there for me: when I was hurting, when I was struggling, when I was across an ocean dealing with the most difficult time of my life, when I am happy, those who with a simple "Hello" on the telephone can detect that something is wrong.  I am truly blessed to have so many special sisters in my life. 

I have known Libby for 20 years! We met in 9th grade and through it all, we have remained BFF's. We survived high school, college, she got married, had a child (my Godchild), moved to another state, then I moved to another country, then I moved to the city where she lives and now on the verge of me moving to another city, once again, I look back at this lifetime friendship that we have shared and smile, because I wouldn't trade it for any other.  

I can't imagine my life without Libby, my shoulder to cry on, my one phone call (if I ever get arrested, hopefully it won't go to voicemail!), my advisor, counselor, fashion stylist, my SISTER.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIBBY!!!  Ich Liebe Dich!!! 

Have a great day, afternoon or evening wherever you may be in this Big and Bright World. 

XOXO, 




1 comments:

Dyche Designs said...

What a beautiful post, we should all be thankful for those special friends. :0)

Post a Comment